First American Capital
First American Capital
Home Retention

Our Servicer, Statebridge Company, is staffed with mortgage professionals who are ready to assist and engage you when you are experiencing hardships such as reduction of income, divorce, severe medical or health issues, the death of a loved one or other unforeseen circumstances. Such hardships may cause homeowners to become delinquent on mortgage payments or in some cases default resulting in foreclosure. Contrary to popular belief, mortgage companies do not want to foreclose on homes.

Resolving delinquencies and defaults in an expeditious manner is in the best interest of the homeowner and lender. Statebridge’s mortgage professionals are committed to providing the best service possible while treating every homeowner with courtesy and respect.

One of the time-consuming and expensive activities in loan servicing is attempting to contact homeowners. We understand that as unfavorable circumstances worsen, homeowners may avoid calls and merely hope the problems go away. Answering the phone and explaining hardships to the mortgage company may be a difficult step but the purpose of these calls is to reach out to homeowners and provide solutions. Communication is critical to beginning any resolution process. Statebridge will work with you in trying to achieve a resolution to your hardship.

If you are having trouble, or anticipate having a problem, in making your monthly payment, please call our servicer to discuss your situation. There may be options available to assist you with your payment and too avoid foreclosure. One option maybe a mortgage modification. You may call Statebridge at 866-466-3360. Their office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, MST.

So that you can most benefit from their efforts to help you with your loan, some of the documents that they may need to review are:

  • copies of your two most recent pay stubs
  • copies of your two most recently filed federal tax returns
  • completed and signed IRS Form 4506-T
  • copy of a recent utility bill
  • copy of a recent bank statement
  • copy of your most recent P and L Statement (if self-employed)

There are United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) government approved home ownership counseling agencies designed to help homeowners avoid losing their home. To obtain a list of HUD approved agencies for your state, please call 1 800 569 4287.